Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snow day

Today is Snow day.

It started snowing at 9pm last night and didn't stop until we had a white carpet, a one foot deep white carpet! It was obviously a no-work day so I went for a walk with my camera;



The view from the Patio Door - the Summer House is a Winter House!




I don't think the car will be moving anytime soon.





Not without a shovel at least (I have 'special' number-plate concealment paint)!





Round the back of our place is Captain's Clough, it is a woodland area through which passes The Doffcocker brook. This Heron didn't seem impressed with the scenery though.





Someone's been busy this morning



I continued my walk to Moss bank Park.





The miniature railway wasn't operating - probably leaves
on the line or something?




The buses were not running either.




An impressive chimney, so much for global warming?





This is Moss bank Way - usually a busy duel-carriageway.
Today the only form of transport using it is Shank's Pony.


No comments: