Thursday 7 January 2010

Snow Day - Part 2

The Return to Captain's Clough.

Last night saw temperatures in The North West fall as low as -17c and it certainly felt it as I walked home from the pub. Today I had to return to the pub with a shovel to recover my car. On the way I passed through Captain's Clough again, this time it was bathed in glorious sunshine. the photographs can be seen below;



Captain's Clough, Doffcocker. Bolton.






A little like 'Narnia' perhaps?





Two versions exist of this - one with and one without The Sun,
I prefer the one with.





Landscape photography is not always about sweeping mountain vistas.





These branches were a little like arms reaching out
to catch and embrace the snowfall.






Lovely long winter shadows....





...make interesting patterns.



Alas, I had reached the car and the end of my little walk.
Winter Hill beckoned but I had too much
to do. I might venture up it on Saturday.

There seems no end in sight to the cold spell, the thermometer in my garden is currently reading -10c. I am glad we have central heating, double glazing and double loft insulation!

No comments: